Monday, July 13, 2009

Because I'm cranky and exhausted and need to refocus a bit...

I decided to post some older pictures that I'd neglected to post before! Sounds like a good idea, right?

Here I am, out on our friend's boat on the 4th! What fun! No tubing for me, but the guys went wakeboarding and the kids went tubing and it was a blast. I love being out on the water. Elijah was enjoying himself as well! He didn't even cry when the boat turned into a wave and he and I got soaked!

Speaking of Elijah...I have another curly haired little boy on my hands! These were a surprise for me. Daniel had some curl to his hair, but it went away by the time he was 1 I think. We're loving this! He's a shaggy little boy right now, but that's ok. I have a feeling these might not stick around too long if I cut them off!

A few weeks ago we had a big, sudden rain shower and I couldn't resist letting the boys out to stomp around in the downpour. They had so much fun. It was fun watching them too!

In other news, yes I'm still pregnant. No I'm not having contractions. I am hanging in there as well as I can. I have bad days, and I have okay days. Late pregnancy sucks, but I'm blessed to be here. I just cannot wait to meet our latest addition and be on the other side of this!

I apologize if I neglect to answer the phone or return calls. Please be sure though that I appreciate knowing you are thinking of me! These days its hard for me to string a coherant sentense together that isn't interrupted by a "NO! Please don't hit your brother!" or dealing with an injury, or trying to clean up a bit so I'm not completely embarrassed when people drop by, or.or.or.or. You get the picture. Plus, my mom and my grandma always tried to teach me that if I don't have anything nice to say...:) I'm just a ball of complaints at the moment, and its no fun to listen to that.

It is sounding like Dawn (my cousin, for the few of you that don't know her or me that well!) and little Jackson are going to be able to come out for a visit in a couple of weeks! I'm so excited! I haven't seen any of my family for a year, on the nose, and it sucks. I'm missing them a lot, and even though I'm a bit ahhhh...distracted by other things at the moment, it still weighs on my mind a lot. Its going to be awesome to catch up with her and get to know little Jackson a bit.

We're hoping (and wishing, and praying and hoping some more) to be able to make a trip out in September. A lot of things are going to have to fall into place for that to happen, but if its meant to be, they will. We're working hard at the moment to get some things in order, which I'm sure you all can relate to. Its not easy in the current climate, especially for a commercial plumbing supplies salesman! Thank God though, its all working out. Just when things look to be falling apart, they just start working out. It certainly isn't of our doing. I am just glad that I really am NOT in control of all of this stuff, and the one who is is all knowing and all seeing and is able to do anything!

Speaking of things coming together, airfare for our entire family will only cost (only....haha) $600. Jeremiah now gets free flight benefits through his father, the two littlest will be lap babies, and buddy passes (also through my father in law) run just shy of $200 a piece, round trip. Since our family is now gigantic, we'll need to rent a vehicle when we get into Minneapolis to get up to my home town, unless anyone has a vehicle that'll fit two car seats, two booster seats, and three adults, and a lot of time on their hands that particular date which has yet to be determined! Last year when we were thinking of coming, just the airfare alone would have cost us well over $1000. This price reduction makes the trip much more doable.

I'm thinking of making it kind of a long trip, and having Jeremiah fly in with me on the front end of the trip, staying for a long weekend, then flying back to WA. We'll stay another week or so, then have him come back out for another long weekend and fly back with me home again, home again jiggity jig. I know my limitations, and flying cross country with 4 kids 5 and under is one of them. This is one of those cases where free flying for Jermeiah is such a help.

Now I just need a miraculous injection of some extra patience for this last week or so. Daniel has already deemed me the most meanest mom is the entire world. He's probably right this week. They are such good boys. They keep me busy, in the best way possible. So, send me a message, send some encouragement, say a few prayers for us, and hopefully in my next post I'll have brand-new-baby pictures!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers