Leave your guess in the comments...
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Ragout of Chicken Legs Recipe #72497
You will not believe the sauce that results from this dish. Mashed potatoes are a must so you can puddle on the sauce and let it soak in. by silky
35 min 15 min prep SERVES 4
4 even-sized chicken legs with thigh
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 cup dry red wine
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 bay leaf
salt & freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons madeira wine ( I used Marsala)
1. Let the chicken legs sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet and add the butter.
3. When the butter melts, brown the chicken legs a few at a time over a medium-high heat until they are all browned.
4. Remove them from the pan and sprinkle in the flour.
5. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes, then pour in the chicken stock, wine, garlic, shallot, bay leaf, salt, pepper and Madeira.
6. Bring the liquids to a boil, then replace the chicken legs skin side down and cover the pan.
7. Let the liquids return to the boil, then lower the heat and let the chicken simmer gently for 15 minutes or until the legs are cooked through.
8. Transfer the chicken legs to a platter and cover with foil; keep warm.
9. Let the sauce return to a rolling boil and let it bubble vigorously until it is reduced by half.
10. Remove the bay leaf and spoon the sauce over the chicken legs. Serve at once.
We liked this recipe. I'd give it about a 4 start. Its definitely worth a try, especially if you enjoy cooking with wine!
Friday, May 9, 2008
These two are going to be best buddies I think! Isaiah LOVES to play with the baby, and as you can see, the baby LOVES playing with Isaiah!!!
Yuck...teething. Do you see those bulging gums? They look so painful! I wish they'd just poke through already!!
Posted by Nicole @ OrWhateverYouDo at 11:19 AM